Kelling Hard to Lowestoft Ness
This Shoreline Management Plan is a coastal defence management document that presents a vision of the North East Norfolk and North Suffolk coastline over the next 100 years.
The plan's production is partnership based. It has been led by North Norfolk District Council, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Waveney District Council, the Environment Agency and English Nature (now Natural England). It is based not only on the latest available scientific knowledge of the effects that the North Sea will have upon our coastline, but also upon the current legislative and funding arrangements for coastal defence construction.
Following the publication of the drafts in 2006 an extensive consultation commenced. As a result of the responses some changes were made to the plan and these have been incorporated into the documents below. These documents are the final documents. They have been received by the client partners and each will now have to consider them in detail. At this stage the plan has not been adopted by any of the clients. It will be for each to determine this independently and reference should be made to the relevant client web site above for the current status of the Plan. It should not be assumed that any authority has adopted the Plan in either its original or amended form.
The main document, appendices and other relevant documents can be downloaded from the links below.
- The SMP Main Report (11 Mbytes)
- Appendix A - SMP Development
- Appendix B - Engagement and consultation
- Appendix C - Baseline Processes
- Appendix D - Thematic Review
- Appendix E - Policy Development & Appraisal
- Appendix F - Shoreline Interactions & Responses (5 Mbytes)
- Appendix G - Policy Appraisal
- Appendix H - Economic Appraisal
- Appendix I - Bibliograpic Database
- Appendix L - Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Volume 1
- Volume 2 and Appendix (15 Mbytes)
- Policy Units
- Erosion Lines
- National Character and AONBs
- Natural Environment
- Landscape and Character
- Historic Environment
- Constraints Maps
- Non-Technical Summary
- Statement of Environmental Particulars
- Heritage Designations
- NAI Maps
- Nature Conservation Designations
- SMP Figures